Course No. 160
View sample pages from this course
View the table of contents for this course
A training manual used by many schools and companies to train riggers. Also a great study guide for rigging certification exams. Topics covered are:
1. Fiber Rope construction, idetification, inspection, handling, whipping, knots and hitches
2. Wire Rope identification, construction, inspection, handling, end terminations, thimbles, clips, splices, sockets, swaged buttons, sheaves and drums
3. Slings & Hitches sling configurations, sling materials, proper use and application, inspection, hitches and sling capacity
4. Rigging Hardware hooks, shackles, eye bolts, lifting rings, turnbuckles, beam clamps, lifting clamps, trolleys, and hardware use, application and inspection
5. Hoists & Other Moving Equipment hand operated hoists, power hoists, floor cranes, portable cranes, hydraulic jacks, cribbing, skids & rollers, dollies, operation and inspection
6. Load Weight determining load weight and center of gravity
7. Load Attachment & Movement spreaders, equalizer beams, softeners, slings, custom fabricated equipment, roll out, turning loads, drifting loads, tag lines and signaling
8. Hardware Selection & Sizing selecting a hitch, selecting a sling, selecting the fittings, shared load, load angle, impact loading, sizing slings and hardware
9. Rigging Planning defining the task, designing the lift or move, communicating, preparation, reviewing compliance issues, hazard reviews, using a planning guide
Prerequisites - fundamental safety practices, basic mathematics including simple algebra and right angle trigonometry.
Package includes Basic Rigging Training Manual and a fill in the blank question Review Exercise for testing.
An Administrators Guide is also available and can be purchased separately. It includes the content of Course Number 160 plus the answers to all the chapter questions, answers to the Review Exercise, suggested demonstration exercises and tips for the instructor. Pricing for Course Number 161 Basic Rigging Administrative Guide is $130.00.